Protection concept for public transport
We recommend that you arrive at the Gornergrat Bahn early, so that we can allocate the capacity in the best possible way.
For the reopening, the Gornergrat Bahn is adhering to the public transport protection concept including the annex "Tourist rail transport".
We continue to monitor the development of the situation and are ready to make any alterations that are deemed necessary. We are also in close contact with the SBB (National Railway) who are the system leaders for all public rail transport.
In addition, the guidelines of the Federal Office of Public Health campaign "How we protect ourselves" are crucial for us:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or an alcohol-impregnated hand-rub.
- Sneeze or cough into a fresh tissue or the crook of your arm. After use, paper tissues must be disposed of in a closed rubbish container.
- Should you have a high temperature or a cough you must stay at home. Only visit a doctor or the emergency department at a hospital after first telephoning them.
- Avoid shaking hands with other people.
- Keep your distance from other people.
For further information please see here: