Information relating to the coronavirus
According to the directives issued by the Federal Council to halt all tourist traffic the Gornergrat Railway must comply with the ruling. Our services are closed from Saturday, 14. March currently until 26. April 2020. This concerns the excursion railway between Zermatt and Gornergrat, the winter sports area and also the catering facilities on the mountain.
The Gornergrat Railway will enable a refund for purchased tickets for those whose journeys have been affected by the current situation in connection with the Coronavirus and are unable to travel:
- Tickets purchased online for transport between Zermatt and Gornergrat will be refunded directly using the payment details with which they were bought.
- For the refund of combination tickets containing several services (e.g. parking MTT Täsch / train ticket Täsch – Zermatt / catering services / adventure trips) we would kindly ask you to contact our customer service centre at email@example.com .
Should you have any questions or uncertainties our customer service centre will happy to help:firstname.lastname@example.org
+41 (0)848 642 442
We continue to monitor the development of the situation and are ready to make any alterations that are deemed necessary. We are also in close contact with the SBB (National Railway) who are the system leaders for all public rail transport.
In addition, the guidelines of the Federal Office of Public Health campaign "How we protect ourselves" are crucial for us:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or an alcohol-impregnated hand-rub.
- Sneeze or cough into a fresh tissue or the crook of your arm. After use, paper tissues must be disposed of in a closed rubbish container.
- Should you have a high temperature or a cough you must stay at home. Only visit a doctor or the emergency department at a hospital after first telephoning them.
- Avoid shaking hands with other people.
- Keep your distance from other people.
For further information please see here:
Latest update: 20. March 2020, 7.00 am