Due to the security measurements in public transport, priority boarding is only available from 10.07.2020
Make sure to get the best view of the Matterhorn
Make sure to already get the best view of the Matterhorn while you ride the Gornergrat train to the peak.
Gornergrat Priority Boarding
Are you planning a trip on the Gornergrat train? If you are, you can already book your ticket online including the Priority Boarding service. A purchase is also possible at the ticket office in Zermatt.
What is ‘Gornergrat Priority Boarding’?
Purchasing Priority Boarding means that you get to board the Gornergrat train early – three minutes before the other passengers – thus ensuring that you can find your perfect seat. Choose your seat when you are on the train; we recommend a seat on the right-hand side (in the direction of travel) for the very best views.
How much does Priority Boarding cost?
The surcharge for Priority Boarding is only CHF 5.00 when you board after 12:00 midday; for trains that depart before midday the surcharge is CHF 10.00. The tickets are available in our online shop or at the Gornergrat train ticket office in Zermatt.
Booking priority tickets
Due to the security measurements in public transport, priority boarding is not available at the moment.
You can easily book your Priority Boarding Pass card here at our online shop. You can also book your Priority Pass at the ticket counter.
How much is a Priority Ticket?
The extra cost for priority boarding depends on the time of boarding.
On trains with a departure time up to 12.00 midday the price is CHF 10.00 and for trains with a departure time after 12.00 midday they cost CHF 5.00. For children up to 6 years priority boarding is free of charge.
Important information about the Priority Boarding
The Priority Pass is available daily for all mountain journeys from Zermatt to the Gornergrat.
• 10 minutes before the scheduled departure time the Priority Pass loses its validation
• The Priority Ticket ensures 3 minutes of exclusive boarding time
• Priority Boarding is only valid for the selected train (no refunds)
• No exchange / no refunds - except when there is a technical problem on the Matterhorn Gotthard Railway / Gornergrat Railway (Matterhorn Railway)
• Priority tickets are limited to 100 per train
• Please note that no special seat is reserved for you