Make sure to get the best view of the Matterhorn
Make sure to already get the best view of the Matterhorn while you ride the Gornergrat train to the peak.
Gornergrat Priority Boarding
Are you planning a trip on the Gornergrat train? If you are, you can already book your ticket online including the Priority Boarding service. A purchase is also possible at the ticket office in Zermatt. The offer is valid until 31. October 2018.
What is ‘Gornergrat Priority Boarding’?
Purchasing Priority Boarding means that you get to board the Gornergrat train early – three minutes before the other passengers – thus ensuring that you can find your perfect seat. Choose your seat when you are on the train; we recommend a seat on the right-hand side (in the direction of travel) for the very best views.
How much does Priority Boarding cost?
The surcharge for Priority Boarding is only CHF 5.00 when you board after 12:00 midday; for trains that depart before midday the surcharge is CHF 10.00. The tickets are available in our online shop or at the Gornergrat train ticket office in Zermatt.
Important information about Priority Boarding:
- Tickets are valid daily for all trains from Zermatt to Gornergrat
- Tickets are only valid on the Zermatt to Gornergrat line for a single journey
- The ticket loses its validity 10 minutes before departure time
- Three minutes are allowed to select the perfect seat
- Priority Boarding is only valid for the train for which the holder has a ticket (no refunds)
- No exchange / refund (except in the case of a technical problem on the MGBahn/GGB lines)
- The number of Priority Boarding tickets is limited to 100 per train
- Please note that it is not possible to reserve a specific seat