Glacier walking tour with the Gornergrat Guides (incl. Trainride)
July and August 2018
The Gornergrat – experience more with the Gornergrat Guides
The following are included in the ticket
- Zermatt-Gornergrat & Rotenboden-Zermatt travel
- Souvenir photo against the Matterhorn (group photo per party – without green screen)
- 1 x 1 hr 30 minute hiking tour along the Gorner glacier from the Gornergrat to Riffelsee
(Enthralling information about glaciers, alpine fauna, the stories written by Mark Twain, alpine flora and the first ascent)
- Walking poles will be provided
|Tour 1:||10.00 am – ca. 11.30 am||German/Englisch|
|Tour 2:||11.30 am – ca. 1.00 pm||German/French/Englisch|
|Tour 3:||1.00 pm – ca. 2.30 pm||Gernan/Englisch|
(Tour start, Gornergrat viewing platform – tour end, Riffelsee)
The Gornergrat Guides, whose clothing is provided courtesy of Mammut, have much to share that is exciting, compelling and surprising. At three set daily times they take groups from the Gornergrat to the "must see" attraction on the Gornergrat – the Riffelsee. The guided tour lasts approx. 1hr 30 minutes and will take you along a medium-difficulty hiking trail to the Riffelsee that offers continual views of the Gorner glacier. Knowledgeable and very personable, the guides will tell you about alpine flora and fauna, the mountains, the stories written by Mark Twain, historical facts and the glaciers. Visitors will also be able to delight in exciting stories about the Matterhorn and hear many more tales and myths.
- Sturdy footwear is required
- This is a medium difficulty hike
- This hiking tour will only take place in dry weather.
Tickets can be purchased online via the webshop, at the Täsch Matterhorn terminal ticket window, at the Gornergrat Bahn valley station and at the Gornergrat Bahn top station.